This Employment and Outreach Facilitator is responsible for providing employment and vocational opportunities for residents. Responsibilities also include providing community service contacts and maintaining community service opportunities for residents. The staff member in this position is expected to provide classroom instruction on employment and community service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Individual must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to work as a team member as well as independently. Individual must possess a high level of personal ethical standards and pride in accomplishment. Demonstrated ability to organize and supervise, work effectively and efficiently will all levels of management Must be a self-starter, motivated and must be able to adapt to changing technology; Proven skills in problem solving as well as research and computer skills necessary.
Bachelors Degree in business administration, social service or related liberal arts field required. Masters Degree preferred. Minimum two years experience.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
A. Provide Employment Opportunities to Residents
1. Develop and maintain close working relationship with prospective employers for the on the job training and/or placement of residents.
2. Keep abreast of the changing local employment climate to effectively guide residents towards finding and retaining longer-term career directed employment.
3. Work with case managers to identify qualified candidates for employment opportunities.
1. Aid in developing special projects as deemed appropriate to enhance residents’ career marketability.
2. Provide residents with information on training programs and educational opportunities to include GED programs and information for higher learning.
C. Community Service
1. Provide opportunities for residents to obtain and exercise hands-on experience in the marketplace through community service.
2. Work with case managers to identify qualified candidates for community service opportunities.
1. Maintain performance appraisals of residents and provide statistics in a monthly report.
2. Coordinate and document the services provided to fulfill the standards set by contracts.
E. Contribute in developing department’s goals of creating various opportunities for residents.
F. Other duties as assigned by Manager of Specialized Re-Entry Services.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assists Manager Specialized Re-Entry Services with supervision of residents’ employment/volunteer activities.
Leadership Skills: Must have demonstrated effective leadership skills and the ability to teach skills to others. Must have ability to work independently.
Communication Skills: Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to meet with employers and discuss job opportunities.
Team Skills: Must be able to work well with others.
Must possess a high level of creativity, organizational, communication, goal setting and motivational skills.
Requires a light physical demand level of performance. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
No access to employee personnel files.
Conducted within the set guidelines by Manager, Specialized Re-Entry Services annually.